Youtube Sub

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Indian OOTD-Saree

Hi Beauties,
Wish you a very Happy Vinayaka Chaviti.Today is one of our very important festivals and I went all Indian today wearing a "Saree"draped in a  typical South Indian way.So, here's my very first OOTD (Outfit Of The Day).I am not so perfect at draping a saree , as I occasionally get to wear this but I tried my best.
This is the full picture showing the entire outfit.The saree was gifted by my aunt for my wedding.
This is a gold necklace with Rubys and Emeralds.This can also we worn as "Aravanki" also called as "Dhan Patti" which is worn just above the elbow and just below where the sleeve of your blouse ends .(hu..could'nt explain more perfectly.I hope you got my point)
These are gold earrings called as "Jhumkis" or "Buttalu" with Rubys and Emeralds which I designed :) and thought would perfectly go with the necklace.
I mixed some dark green glass bangles which kinda matches my saree with gold bangles to go with the other jewelry.I also added some thin gold bangles in between the green ones.
And. lastly I wore these sandles which has some bead detailing on the top.Plz..ignore my toe nails as its been a long time I took a pedicure.

So, this is my Indian Saree OOTD.Please leave a comment if you like it or if you have any questions.



Cheers
   Deepika <3

13 comments:

  1. oohh lovely saree.... and loved ur hair..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... u look soo prettyyy !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy vinayakar chathurti (: loving the saree and the bangles are gorgeous! you look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such a pretty blog out here..I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi nice blog.. great to hear that u r from AP as well..
    really appreciate ur work..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post shows how an Indian women became more beautiful when she wears the traditional saree. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete